An "email alias" can be understood as two pieces:
- An email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The email address of a hosted email account to redirect mail to
Email aliases do several things:
- They instantly redirect (a.k.a. forward) all email the receive to the email address of the hosted email account.
- They preserve the "from" email address of the sender.
Email aliases do not:
- Filter for spam.
- Collect email for you to download.
Many hosted email accounts can be configured to use your email alias as your "reply-to" email address. This means that when you send email from a hosted email account, the recipient will see your email alias as the "reply-to" (a.k.a. "from") email address.
You can configure your Ubertor website with an unlimited number of email aliases.